Coldsmoke Creative is a leading ecommerce design and development agency. An accredited Shopify Plus Partner and Shopify Experts since 2017, Coldsmoke Creative has helped over 100 brands on Shopify and Shopify Plus grow their business and get the most out of the platform. We work with some of the most exciting brands on Shopify Plus like Bodega, ILIA Beauty, and BYLT Basics, and we’re expanding our team to help us to continue to deliver high-quality and high-performing capabilities to our clients.
What We Value
- Honor Commitments: we do what we say we’re going to do.
- Challenge Assumptions: we don’t do things just because that’s how they’ve always been done.
- Transparency: we share both good and bad updates with full context and information.
- Growth: whether you work with us as a client or a team member, it will result in growth.
- Certainty: we aim to reduce uncertainty for internal and external stakeholders through timely updates and constant communication.
We are looking for a knowledgeable Accounting Manager who is a self-starter looking to increase department accuracy and efficiency. The Accounting Manager will execute in accounting department tasks, oversee the recording, tracking, and reporting of financial information, develop and implement department controls and procedures, and ensure that financial operate efficiently without sacrificing accuracy.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and taxes
- Prepare, review, analyze and report financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness and help senior management make informed decisions
- Build, track, and report out on project profitability metrics on an accrual basis
- Build and maintain commission structures for the company
- Assist other departments as they develop strategies, establish objectives, and make decisions that could have a financial impact on the business
- Assess current practices, procedures, and tools and make recommendations for improvements and be able to execute on them
- Work with external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end
- 3-5 years experience in accounting or a related field, with a portion of it in a manager role
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to set goals and execute without strong supervision
- Attention to detail and the ability to analyze large amounts of data
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Xero, Stripe, QBO experience preferred
- Able to respond to Slack and email within a timely manner, preference of availability Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm EST
Benefits & Compensation
- Fully remote
- Unlimited PTO time
- Health, Dental, and Vision, Benefits Available
- 401k Programs Available
- Opportunities for progression within a fast growing agency
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.