React JS Lead Architect
Coldsmoke Creative is a leading ecommerce design and development agency. An accredited Shopify Plus Partner and Shopify Experts since 2017, Coldsmoke Creative has helped over 100 brands on Shopify and Shopify Plus grow their business and get the most out of the platform. We work with some of the most exciting brands on Shopify Plus like Bodega, ILIA Beauty, and BYLT Basics, and we’re expanding our team to help us to continue to deliver high-quality and high-performing capabilities to our clients.
What We Value
- Honor Commitments: we do what we say we’re going to do.
- Challenge Assumptions: we don’t do things just because that’s how they’ve always been done.
- Transparency: we share both good and bad updates with full context and information.
- Growth: whether you work with us as a client or a team member, it will result in growth.
- Certainty: we aim to reduce uncertainty for internal and external stakeholders through timely updates and constant communication.
Coldsmoke is hiring for a Technical Lead to join our remote-first team. As a technical lead, you will be overseeing and help to execute projects from start to finish. You will own the overall technical direction for projects and products, manage development, work alongside the project management team and communication with clients. Having hands-on experience in react JS and the ability to manage complex programs is a necessity for this role.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan and design the structure of technology systems and architecture plan as they relate to projects, be able to communicate these with internal and client stakeholders
- Provide assistance in the sales process by being the subject matter expert on headless commerce
- Analyze the needs of large systems and break them down into smaller manageable tasks, estimate the level of effort (in hours) required to execute all parts of the project
- Create, document, and lead a development project plan, oversee the engineering team to execute the plan accordingly
- Provide continuous oversight of the project, review PRs, ID any risks, enforce best practices, and resolve technical issues when they arise
- Work alongside the project management team to help create detailed, groomed tickets for tasks that engineers could execute on without a high level of oversight
- Help build the client relationship by attending client calls to provide technical expertise and updates on projects
- Be the point of contact to troubleshoot with platform partners, 3rd party vendors, etc to help support the project and client
- Carry out testing procedures to ensure systems are running smoothly
- Ensure that systems satisfy quality standards and procedures
- Extensive experience building reusable React components in a Shopify setting
- Experience building full-stack, headless Shopify builds from end to end with React on a large scale successfully
- Expert knowledge of cross-browser development (iOS, Android, IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.)
- Extensive experience with serverless implementations such as Vercel, Netlify, etc.
- Knowledge and adherence to best practices and standards for accessibility (WCAG)
- Experience with shell environments, the command line: Git, UNIX/Linux
- Knowledge of SEO, performance, and optimization techniques and best practices
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient in understanding code versioning tools, such as Git/bitbucket/Azure DevOps
- Willingness to collaborate with a small, yet eager team with the common goal of growth to help the company scale.
- Able to respond to Slack and email within a timely manner, preference of availability Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm EST
Benefits & Compensation
- Fully remote
- Unlimited PTO time
- Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits Available
- Opportunities for progression within a fast-growing agency
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.