Jobs - Lead E-Commerce Developer
Lead E-Commerce Developer
Who We Are
Coldsmoke Creative is a leading ecommerce design and development agency. An accredited Shopify Plus Partner and Shopify Experts since 2017, Coldsmoke Creative has helped over 100 brands on Shopify and Shopify Plus grow their business and get the most out of the platform. We work with some of the most exciting brands on Shopify Plus, like Bodega, ILIA Beauty, and BYLT Basics, and we’re expanding our team to help us to continue to deliver high-quality and high-performing capabilities to our clients.
What We Value
- Honor Commitments: we do what we say we're going to do.
- Challenge Assumptions: we don’t do things just because that’s how they’ve always been done.
- Display Transparency: we share both good and bad updates with full context and information.
- Growth: whether you work with us as a client or a team member, it will result in growth.
- Provide Certainty: we aim to reduce uncertainty for internal and external stakeholders through timely updates and constant communication.
As a Lead E-Commerce Developer, you will be instrumental in our development team, taking ownership of tasks regardless of difficulty level and providing support in various aspects of the development lifecycle. Collaborating closely with the Technical Architect, you will help refine technical solutions to business problems, oversee development teams, and ensure the successful implementation of projects. Your role will encompass code reviews, paired programming, and hands-on assistance in driving projects forward.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Take ownership of tasks at all levels of difficulty, providing guidance and support to developers throughout the development process.
- Assist developers in code reviews, providing constructive feedback and guidance to ensure code quality and adherence to standards.
- Engage in paired programming sessions, fostering collaboration and knowledge sharing among team members.
- Act as a technical resource for developers, offering assistance and troubleshooting expertise to overcome challenges and drive projects forward.
- Recommend and implement best practices.
- Implement and optimize development processes to improve efficiency and productivity and reduce bottlenecks with a focus on continuous improvement and iteration.
- Collaborate with the Technical Architect to refine technical solutions, ensuring alignment with business objectives and long-term strategic goals.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and industry trends, evaluating their potential impact on our development practices and recommending adoption where appropriate.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to translate business requirements into technical solutions, ensuring alignment with project goals and objectives.
- Expertise with multiple backend programming languages and frontend frameworks.
- Experience with Shopify Headless, Composable Commerce, or technically similar architectures across other projects.
- Experience with other e-commerce platforms is nice to have.
- Experience establishing coding standards, performing code reviews, peer programming, and mentoring developers.
- Proven experience in a leadership role within a development team, with a demonstrated ability to take ownership of tasks and provide support across the development lifecycle.
- Familiarity with modern development practices and tools, with a commitment to continuous learning and professional growth.
- Excellent communication skills is necessary for this role.
- Willingness to collaborate with a small, yet eager team with the common goal of growth to help the company scale.
- Able to respond to Slack and email within a timely manner, preference of availability Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm EST
Benefits & Compensation
- Fully remote
- Unlimited PTO time
- Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits Available
- 401K plan options
- Opportunities for progression within a fast-growing agency
We’re an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.