Jobs - Shopify Engineer
Who We Are
Coldsmoke Creative is a leading eCommerce design and development agency. An accredited Shopify Plus Partner and Shopify Experts since 2017, Coldsmoke Creative has helped hundreds of brands on Shopify and Shopify Plus grow their business and get the most out of the platform. We work with some of the most exciting brands on Shopify Plus like Bodega, ILIA Beauty, and BYLT Basics, and we’re expanding our team to help us to continue to deliver high-quality and high-performing capabilities to our clients.
What We Value
- Honor Commitments: we do what we say we're going to do.
- Challenge Assumptions: we don’t do things just because that’s how they’ve always been done.
- Display Transparency: we share both good and bad updates with full context and information.
- Growth: whether you work with us as a client or a team member, it will result in growth.
- Provide Certainty: we aim to reduce uncertainty for internal and external stakeholders through timely updates and constant communication.
As a Shopify Engineer at Coldsmoke, you will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects, collaborate with a talented team, and contribute to the growth of our clients' online businesses. You will play a crucial role in developing and maintaining Shopify websites for our clients, always adhering to best practices and up to the latest platform updates. You will work closely with our project managers, designers, and other developers to deliver exceptional online shopping experiences, with a focus on performance, usability, and accessibility.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and customize Shopify themes and templates to meet client requirements.
- Implement and configure Shopify apps and plugins.
- Optimize website performance and ensure compatibility across various devices and browsers.
- Create responsive and pixel perfect website pages.
- Conduct thorough testing to ensure the website's functionality and compatibility.
- Debug and resolve issues promptly.
- Keep up-to-date with best practices and Shopify updates.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience as a Shopify developer
- Deep understanding Shopify objects limitations and possibilities
- Understanding of advanced Shopify concepts such as alternation of layouts, templates, product attributes, cart properties
- Ability to write flawless and structured CSS
- Knowledge of handling assets
- Familiarity with version control systems, such as Git.
- Knowledge of SEO, accessibility, and web performance optimization is a plus
- React/JSX expertise is a plus
- Vue/Vuex expertise is a plus
- Experience in an e-commerce agency setting
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities
- Must be able to work in EST, 9-5pm EST
Benefits & Compensation
- Fully remote
- Unlimited PTO time
- Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401K plan
- Opportunities for progression within a fast-growing agency
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.