Jobs - Shopify Solutions Architect
Shopify Solutions Architect
Who We Are
Coldsmoke Creative is a leading eCommerce design and development agency. An accredited Shopify Plus Partner and Shopify Experts since 2017, Coldsmoke Creative has helped hundreds of brands on Shopify and Shopify Plus grow their business and get the most out of the platform. We work with some of the most exciting brands on Shopify Plus like Bodega, ILIA Beauty, and BYLT Basics, and we’re expanding our team to help us to continue to deliver high-quality and high-performing capabilities to our clients.
What We Value
- Honor Commitments: we do what we say we're going to do.
- Challenge Assumptions: we don’t do things just because that’s how they’ve always been done.
- Transparency: we share both good and bad updates with full context and information.
- Growth: whether you work with us as a client or a team member, it will result in growth.
- Certainty: we aim to reduce uncertainty for internal and external stakeholders through timely updates and constant communication.
Coldsmoke is seeking a talented and experienced Shopify Solutions Architect to join our dynamic and innovative eCommerce agency. As a Solutions Architect, you will play a critical role in designing, developing, and optimizing Shopify-based e-commerce platforms for our clients. You will be responsible for doing deep audits into clients websites, and translate client requirements into scalable and high-performance e-commerce solutions. This role requires a deep understanding of Shopify, e-commerce best practices, and a commitment to delivering cutting-edge solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with clients and cross-functional teams to understand and analyze their e-commerce requirements and goals.
- Discover, design and architect custom Shopify solutions that align with client objectives, ensuring scalability, security, and performance, thinking through complex eCommerce systems, including front-end interfaces, backend services, integrations, and data structures.
- Lead site audits and discoveries for clients to assess and document their current site status, and create and document a plan for a Shopify solution based on client requirements.
- Guide, mentor, and manage a team of developers to implement Shopify-based projects, ensuring adherence to project timelines and budgets.
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations to resolve complex technical challenges, making architecture and technology stack decisions, based on best practices.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest e-commerce trends and emerging technologies, and use your deep understanding of Shopify Plus features to make recommendations for enhancements and optimizations.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on Shopify and headless eCommerce architecture within the agency, guiding development teams and mentoring junior architects and developers.
- Thoroughly groom tickets and regularly conduct code reviews and maintain high coding standards to ensure the delivery of clean, efficient, and well-documented code.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues in Shopify-based projects to ensure smooth project execution.
- Collaborate closely with project managers, designers, and developers to ensure the successful execution of eCommerce projects, from concept to launch.
- Proven experience as a Solutions Architect in an e-commerce agency.
- Expertise in Shopify, Shopify Plus, and Liquid template language.
- Good understanding of software design principles, scalability, security, and best practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A commitment to staying updated with industry trends and technologies.
- Shopify Plus certification is a plus.
- Good understanding of headless eCommerce architecture and its implementation using technologies like React, Vue.js, GraphQL, and headless CMS platforms is a plus.
- Willingness to collaborate with a small yet eager team with the common goal of growth to help the company scale.
- Able to respond to Slack and email within a timely manner, availability Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm EST
Benefits & Compensation
- Fully remote
- Unlimited PTO time
- Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401K plan
- Opportunities for progression within a fast-growing agency
We’re an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.