Coldsmoke is looking for a Solutions Architect to join our remote-first team. You will provide expertise in eCommerce software architecture, integration development initiatives, analyzing business requirements, and crafting appropriate, cost-effective, and logical solutions for our clients. You will be overseeing and helping to execute projects from start to finish, owning overall technical direction for projects. You will work alongside the project management team, client, and partners, helping to build trust and transparency.
What We Value
- Honor Commitments: we do what we say we’re going to do.
- Challenge Assumptions: we don’t do things just because that’s how they’ve always been done.
- Transparency: we share both good and bad updates with full context and information.
- Growth: whether you work with us as a client or a team member, it will result in growth.
- Certainty: we aim to reduce uncertainty for internal and external stakeholders through timely updates and constant communication.
Coldsmoke is looking for a Solutions Architect to join our remote-first team. You will provide expertise on eCommerce software architecture, integration development initiatives, analyzing business requirements and crafting appropriate, cost-effective, and logical solutions for our clients. You will be overseeing and helping to execute projects from start to finish, owning overall technical direction for projects. You will work alongside the project management team, client, and partners helping to build trust and transparency.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan and design the structure of technology systems and architecture plans as they relate to projects, and be able to communicate these with internal and client stakeholders.
- Provide assistance in the sales process by being the subject matter expert on development solutions, including headless commerce and native Liquid development.
- Analyze the needs of large systems and break them into smaller manageable tasks, and estimate the level of effort (in hours) required to execute all project parts (in hours).
- Create, document, and lead a development project plan and oversee the engineering team to execute the plan accordingly.
- Provide continuous oversight of the project, review PRs, ID any risks, enforce best practices, and resolve technical issues when they arise.
- Work alongside the project management team to help create detailed, groomed tickets for tasks engineers could execute without high oversight.
- Help build the client relationship by attending client calls to provide technical expertise and project updates.
- Be the point of contact to troubleshoot with platform partners, 3rd party vendors, etc., to help support the project and client.
- Carry out testing procedures to ensure systems are running smoothly
- Ensure that systems satisfy quality standards and procedures.
- Experience working as a Solutions Architect at an eCommerce agency
- Good understanding of digital/eCom technologies and headless architectures
- Experience building full-stack, headless Shopify builds from end to end with React on a large scale successfully
- Extensive experience with serverless implementations such as Vercel, Netlify, etc.
- Familiar with Hydrogen and Shopify API
- Knowledge and adherence to best practices and standards for accessibility (WCAG)
- Knowledge of SEO, performance, and optimization techniques and best practices
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient in understanding code versioning tools, such as Git/bitbucket/Azure DevOps
- Willingness to collaborate with a small yet eager team with the common growth goal of helping the company scale.
- Able to respond to Slack and email within a timely manner, preference of availability Monday-Friday, 9:00 am-5:00 pm EST
Benefits & Compensation
- Fully remote
- Unlimited PTO time
- Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits are Available
- Opportunities for progression within a fast-growing agency
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.