Who We Are
Coldsmoke Creative is a leading ecommerce design and development agency. An accredited Shopify Plus Partner and Shopify Experts since 2017, Coldsmoke Creative has helped over 100 brands on Shopify and Shopify Plus grow their business and get the most out of the platform. We work with some of the most exciting brands on Shopify Plus like Bodega, ILIA Beauty, and BYLT Basics, and we’re expanding our team to help us to continue to deliver high-quality and high-performing capabilities to our clients.
What We Value
- Honor Commitments: we do what we say we’re going to do.
- Challenge Assumptions: we don’t do things just because that’s how they’ve always been done.
- Transparency: we share both good and bad updates with full context and information.
- Growth: whether you work with us as a client or a team member, it will result in growth.
- Certainty: we aim to reduce uncertainty for internal and external stakeholders through timely updates and constant communication.
Coldsmoke is looking for a UX designer to join our growing team. In this role you will have an understanding and experience with eCommerce websites and have a portfolio of successful UX and other technical projects. You will design eCommerce websites for potential clients and combine interfaces and workflows to enhance user experience. You will work closely with our Technical Architect to implement designs considering the client’s backend needs, content data, and technical platform and app limitations. You will also work with our clients to provide design advice, scope projects, and estimates for work.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop wireframes and prototypes in Figma based on client needs
- Take a client’s brief and objectives, ask the right questions, gain an understanding, synthesize and communicate research findings, and iterate towards solutions
- Confidently present concepts to clients, articulate design decisions and relate them to business needs
- Design layouts, including selection of colors, images and typefaces
- Create responsive designs for multiple contexts and devise (e.g. desktop, mobile, tablet)
- Implement best CRO practices for e-Commerce brands
- Test and evaluate the finished designs before going live to ensure development builds them correctly
- Proven experience as a UX/UI Designer
- Proficient in design tools (e.g. Figma preferred, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD)
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Shopify knowledge preferred but not required
- Willingness to collaborate with a small, yet eager team with the common goal of growth to help the company scale.
- Meticulous organization and time management skills
- Able to manage challenges and come up with creative solutions
- Able to respond to Slack and email within a timely manner, preference of availability Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm EST
Benefits & Compensation
- Fully remote
- Unlimited PTO time
- Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits Available
- 401K plan options
- Opportunities for progression within a fast growing agency
- Potential for Full Time conversion
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.